Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - HELP US PICK A SONG TO RING BELLS AROUND THE WORLD!
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP US PICK A SONG TO RING BELLS AROUND THE WORLD!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Bells of History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: I like the idea! Reply with quote

i heard your audio drama, and i have to give top arks for creativity! kudoes! i hope it happens. not sure how far back in history you would go to pick a song. i can't really think of many songs that aren't 20century. it says something about the longevity of music - how many songs really outlive the artist.

definately don't use any song that was ever used in some stupid commercal! shame on anybody that lets their creation be used to plug some crapy product!

Anna
John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Agreed Reply with quote

I agree with Anna. No song ever used in any commercial should even be considered. We need integrity here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: commercials Reply with quote

what ever happened to jingles? Aren't there any poeple that right commercial jingles anmore? Why do they have to rape and pillage from classic songs? It destroys the art of it all. Anyone that let's their song used in a commercial should be tarred and feathered!
Zepperhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Bell song Reply with quote

I suppose the song should be 'International' as well as sounding good played on bells...how about 'Stairway to Heaven?'
mr classic rock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: have you considered Simon & Garfunkel? Reply with quote

sounds of silence is one of THE classics of all classics. name any song that says more about a centuryof war - a truly brilliant song inboth lyrics and melody. - this is the kind of song that should ring the bells - forget garbage ike the rolling stones, they're crap, they haven't done anything really memorable - or anything even close to sounds of silence.
Eric L.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Agreed - Stones are garbage Reply with quote

definate agreement - no stones song would be good for bell ringing - i even challenge anybody to name a single stones song that will be remembered in hundreds of years!! go ahead - name any song they've done that will be remembered "you make a dead man come." WOW! those are brilliant insightful lyrics that will stand the test of time!

yeah, make a dead man come - mr jagger, maybe somebody will take you up on that ---- soon!

THE ROLLING STONES ARE CRAP!
yes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: yes - yes they are Reply with quote

Couldn't they come up with anyone better for the superbowl? - They are embarrising!

Yeah, i don't think the stones will come up in music history class in 300 years - not a chance!

overpaid, overrated, overexposed!
yes yes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: check out the tee shirts Reply with quote

you are sooooo right! Stones are hacks.

check around, look at your average 15 year old wearing a classic rock tee shirt - it's all Led Zeppelin! - Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, NOT stones.

your average 15 yr old couldn't give a rat's ass about the stones - therefore, not translating to new generation - therefore, certain to be forgotten in history!

they are total hacks!

your live chat blurb got it soooooo right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Bells of History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: