Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - Which 'forgotten artist' will really be forgotten?
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which 'forgotten artist' will really be forgotten?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Forgotten Musical Artists
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who really will be forgotten?
The Rolling Stones
28%
 28%  [ 16 ]
Led Zeppelin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Jackson
32%
 32%  [ 18 ]
Pink Floyd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Madonna
39%
 39%  [ 22 ]
David Bowie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 56

shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Which 'forgotten artist' will really be forgotten? Reply with quote

*********************** REGISTER TO VOTE ********************

In 350 years it is inevitable that much, or even most, of our music will be forgotten. Vote on who is most likely to be forgotten. You must register to vote.

Keep in mind, our "forgotten music artists," audio file on the site is really just there to get people thinking. It's difficult to say who will be remembered and who will be forgotten in the future. That's why we ask for your input!

If you haven't heard this "day in the life of Archivillia" audio track, you can get back to the main site by clicking the link at the top left corner of this bulletin board. Then, click the "Classic Songs" button. Or, just click the link below:

http://www.archivillia.com/classicsongs.html

'The Forgotten Musical Artists' file is the one at the bottom - "An alternate version of history." It really brings Archivillia to life! We've made it interactive, so you can download the file and combine it with a song you think is the biggest classic of the 20th century!

R.B. Newberry

Last edited by shakypainter on Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
undecided

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: anything could happen Reply with quote

It is soooooo freaking hard to say what will happen in the future. for all we know devo could be studied by school children in the future. i'm completely unable to say. it's easy to say the beatles will be remembered, but my son and most of his friends don't like them. nobody wants to like the music their parents like! maybe they'll skip a generation and then another generation will discover the fab 4?

i would vote, but just cvan't freaking decide,.. maybe britney spears will be the shakespear of our time!! LOL!! anyway, feling a bit sick, b etter sign off, think i'm coming down with the britney spears flu (love that
comic!) - the britney spears flu - it lasts 55 hrs LOL!), best of luck with "the ark"

cheers

chuck b
london, england
HuemanBing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Madonna Reply with quote

The sooner Madonna is forgotten the better, children's books ? Is there no thing this tramp will exploit for the almighty buck, just fade away already Exclamation
Kaye cotte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Forgotten Artist Reply with quote

It is hard to look into the future but I think the songs that are well written and timeless deal with the human condition and relationships, thats why the beatles above anyone else may be the only ones to last Exclamation
Chatty Patty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Forgotten artist Reply with quote

Michael Jackson will not be forgotten because he will be remembered as the face that launched a thousand child molestation lawsuits. The king of Pop unfortunately will not be remembered for his ground breaking dance and video, because like Peter Pan he refused to grow up!
Celesta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Cele-brat-ty Reply with quote

I hope that freak Mickael Jackson is forgotten, unfortunately the media have a facination with this cele-brat-ty, when he is finally jailed and his kids taken away only the kids will pay the price.
no satisfaction

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: sorry, but it's true Reply with quote

i agree with your professor rawlins, the stones just don't cut it. they truly will be forgotten by future generations. yeah, THEY can call themselves "the greatest band in history," but it really is the future that will decide. i notice the polls about the stones get less clicks than elvis and the beatles. definately less interest in the stones! yoiu mention campfire music, wedding songs and grad songs. i really can't think of a single stones song that i've seen in a wedding book, can't think of a stones song that would go over good at a graduation song. i lost my mother awhile back,and the funeral home gave us a list of songs that we could have sung - not a single stones song on the list! can't think of a stones song that would fit - "you make a dead man come" maybe? - freaking brilliant lyrics! btw, several beatles songs were on the
funeral list.

sorry "sir" jagger and friends, you don't make the cut! you suck! (notice how the queen didn't attend "sir" micks knighthood ceremony?) says something doesn't it? i challenge anybody to mention a truly truly timeless classic song done by the stones!! go ahead and try, there aren't any!
MJ Plaidnote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Stone cold stupid Reply with quote

Saying the 'Stones' will be forgotten is 'Stone cold stupid', and since when is the Queen an authority on what is good music, get agrip on reality, the Beatles are a bunch of Phoney's, to quote 'The Clash', 'Beatlemania has bitten the dust' Question
Bonniebee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Bowie the best Reply with quote

Bowie's the Best, just listened to your forgotten Artist audio file on your home page, and all the reasons you stated , his ability to change into a new 'Personna' is all the reasons whty he will be remembered.
Kinkovisionary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Thge Kinks Reply with quote

The Kinks 1968 concept album" The Village Green Preservation Society' was released in a special edition cd this week.It cwas concerned with the loss of old time traditions and the fairy tale empire in England. One of the first 'Concept albums every released, however it was not warmly greete by the hit single mentallity of that era.
Cyber Sue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: The kinks Reply with quote

Concerning The Kinksdeluxe Cd edition 'The Village Green Preservation Society', its been called one of the great works of the 20th century, give it a listen and you'll hear why. Although Ray Davies called it " The most sucessful failure of all time; , referring to it's poor sales but critical acclaim many years later.
shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Cele-brat-ty Reply with quote

Celesta wrote:
I hope that freak Mickael Jackson is forgotten, unfortunately the media have a facination with this cele-brat-ty, when he is finally jailed and his kids taken away only the kids will pay the price.
Invictus_Sol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 votes that the Rolling Stones will be forgotten? I don't much care for them (more of a Beatles/Doors man), but that's just ridiculous. Nor will Micheal Jackson be entirely forgotten, I think, since his early material is top-notch (ignore what a freak he is, people). If anyone deserves to be forgotten entirely, it's Madonna. Her first album is not bad, but she really made most of her fame via smart business skills and selling the illusion of sex. She's a capable woman, no doubt, but her music licks and is probably too disposable to be remembered 300 years from now.
Stupify

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit unfair to put Madonna in with the likes of Pink Floyd or the Rolling Stones. Poor bitch never had a chance. Crying or Very sad
Invictus_Sol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Stupes. *slaps Stupify on the back*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Forgotten Musical Artists All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: