Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - Which 'forgotten artist' is most likely to be remembered?
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which 'forgotten artist' is most likely to be remembered?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Forgotten Musical Artists
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of 'The Forgotten Musical Artists' will be remembered?
The Rolling Stones
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Led Zeppelin
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Pink Floyd
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
Michael Jackson
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Madonna
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
David Bowie
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Which 'forgotten artist' is most likely to be remembered? Reply with quote

*********************** REGISTER TO VOTE ********************

If we're wrong about 'the forgotten artists,' which one of them do you think is the most likely to be remembered in the future? Vote in our poll!

Keep in mind, our "forgotten music artists," audio file on the site is really just there to get people thinking. It's difficult to say who will be remembered and who will be forgotten in the future. That's why we ask for your input!

If you haven't heard this "day in the life of Archivillia" audio track, you can get back to the main site by clicking the link at the top left corner of this bulletin board. Then, click the "Classic Songs" button. Or, just click the link below:

http://www.archivillia.com/index.html

'The Forgotten Musical Artists' file is the one at the bottom - "An alternate version of history." It really brings Archivillia to life! We've made it interactive, so you can download the file and combine it with a song you think is the biggest classic of the 20th century!

R.B. Newberry

Last edited by shakypainter on Tue May 10, 2005 4:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pissed off in PalmSprings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Rolling stones forgotten!! Reply with quote

Hey Stones hater, I looked up your family tree and discovered you were the sap, so long sucker!
your busted!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: What about the police? Reply with quote

Hey dudes, you're busted! How come The Police aren't on the list of top acts of the century? Sting also, has gone on to produce some really excellent music, and has gotten involved with lots of charity work, fighting for the environment, etc. Your archavillia should concentrate more on the environment too. you could show the future result of us continuing to trash our planet! You have a forum, but no polls in that forum! Nothing new there!

So .... how about Sting?
you're stung!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Sorry, Sting doesn't make the cut! Reply with quote

I'll agree Sting is a great guy, very genuine, wants to help many causes, etc. He WILL be remembered for that, but I don't really see his music as
"timeless." In 2361, there will be a few hundred years of music added to
the heap, I don't think Sting will stand out musicially.

luv his stuff, it's good for now, but sorry, voted off the island
(archavilla) - isn't jamaca an island?

whatever, ..... Sting ..... You're fired! Confused The tribe has spoken!
Twisted Evil
StingraySteve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: The Police Reply with quote

The Police were a unique band blending reggae and pop, they may be remembered more then the individuals, but with a name like 'Sting' who knows!!
Marley the man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Polce Reply with quote

Sting raysteve sounds like simpelton Steve, the band Police are a marginal hack band, and there cracker Pop reggie is pale to the real deal, Bob Marley man, who will be remember, a pale imitation or the founder of Reggie fusion Idea
Wailers fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Bob Marleys the man Reply with quote

Bob Marley and the Wailers are the real deal, reggae is real music of the people, he lived his music, today music is just a prepackaged product, phoney andpretentious Smile
Wonderboyz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Kinks remembered? Reply with quote

This might be off the logical scale but I believe 'The Kinks' may be a band that will be remembered in the future! Now before you call the Provincial Asylum hear my case. Songs like 'You really got me' was a way ahead of its time, Ray Davies added distortion by slashing his Amp. speaker with a razor, there were no 'distortion ' pedals in those early days of rock, hits like ' Lola', probably the first song about a mistaken transvestite encounter, 'I'm a man and so's Lola', 'Come dancing', 'Sunny afternoon',
'Superman.' The hits are endless , and so is the band spanning a 4 plus
decades career of decadent , bad boy genuine rock & Roll Exclamation
Vellium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Forgotten Artist Reply with quote

Michael Jackson is sure to be remembered as the freak and possibly pervert, athough the juries still out on that one , were in ocent till proven guilty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Forgotten Musical Artists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: