Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - keyboards and drums
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keyboards and drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> LEAVE US ALONE - Music Video collaboration forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: keyboards and drums Reply with quote

Who is best suited for keyboards, and who is best suited for drums?

For keyboards, one person will be the lead (playing the melody) and one will play the bass parts. I'm not great at pulling out individual parts out of music, but it sounds to me like the one part is just a base line:

one, and two, and one, and two, etc. From a low note to a higher note. I don't think it matters a whole lot, as we will be using fairly quick shots of the musicians, nothing long enough to really tell who is doing what.

For the lead part, I'll be looking for the robot to play the notes of the melody and then "reset" - robot-like move back to starting position, then waiting for next lead sequence. I'm thinking of an outstretched arm, single finger pointing down and poking at the keys. Try to come up with something that you can do where you play the notes, but still look mechanical in doing so.

Just an idea: Turn head, poke out lead notes, reset hand back to starting position, turn head back to original position.

Please give me your ideas on what music parts you are all best suited for. Please feel free to talk amongst yourselves too.

Barry
robot3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: keyboards and drums Reply with quote

I have minimalistic piano training so i can play basic chords and such so I'm not sure what training you other robots have if you have more experience than me than i can definitely carry a steady beat for the drumming.

Also for the mutiny part I know you didn't want us walking cuz it might make things difficult, but it could make for a really neat shot of all of us robots walking towards the camera in the exact same way as a form of 'revolution' and having our facial expressions be angry for once instead of neutral. Just a thought...
shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: robot rebellion Reply with quote

I think the problem I have with walking is showing the legs/feet. I'm worried it won't look robot-like.

I think walking would be okay if it's an upper body shot. I'm willing to try just about anything. If it doesn't work, it won't make it past editing.

Sorry, who is robot 3? I know I assigned them, but I didn't write it down. Let's just use first names.

Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> LEAVE US ALONE - Music Video collaboration forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum