Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - Top wedding song of the 20th century
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top wedding song of the 20th century

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten Wedding Songs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Top wedding song of the 20th century?
Can't Help Falling In Love (Elvis Presley)
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
Ave Maria (Schubert)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
We've Only Just Begun (The Carpenters)
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
More Than Words (Extreme)
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
Unchained Melody (Rightous brothers)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
You Light Up My Life (Debbie Boone)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
You are so beautiful (Joe Cocker)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Love Theme St. Elmos Fire (David Foster)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Up where we belong(Warner/Cocker)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 64

shakypainter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Top wedding song of the 20th century Reply with quote

*********************** REGISTER TO VOTE ********************

What classic 20th century song do think will still be used at weddings in 350 years? Help us plan an Archivillian wedding! What 'historic' wedding song will make their wedding a moment to be treasured forever? What songs were played at your wedding?

What songs should be added to this poll?

Last edited by shakypainter on Fri May 13, 2005 4:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
Rachel K.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Wedding songs Reply with quote

You can't leave out " Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brother that is the most requested wedding song ever .....hello!
rightbrain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

We added that to the poll! Thank you very much!

RB.
Frank G.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Wedding songs Reply with quote

How about "Wind beneath my wings', or 'Greatist love of all", or 'Another one bites the dust'
stace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you cant miss you the biggest tear-jerking, and most romantic song ever!!! Mr Eric Clapton and wonderful tonight!!!
Myka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Wedding songs Reply with quote

Some of my favorite wedding songs are 'Melody of love' and lets not forget Journeys ' Come to you with open arms.'
Ist time Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: What was that song? Reply with quote

I heard a song at a recent wedding reception, its by the british band 'The Zombies' I think, something about 'Seasons', can anyone tell me the name?
J. Blatty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Zombie Reply with quote

I believe that the song your refering to is ' Time of the season' by the Zombies, let me know if I'm right....JB.
Torrance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Wedding songs I 've heard Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the song 'Ava Maria', it sounds like a prayer, although I've heard of the other songs. I would say that Journey's song's as well as REO are the ones I hear most often at Friend's weddings, as well as 'The king' Elvis .
Helena

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Wedding songs Reply with quote

The song I hear at Weddings is mostly 'Journey' and of coure REO and Rightous Brothers.
Clonie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Rightous Brothers Reply with quote

Unchained Melody is a great marriage song, did I hear the singer' Hatfield' I think just passed way?
Dave5810

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in 10 years or so, After everyone forgets what it was wrote for "my heart will go on" by celine dion will be a good one
Direfox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I care for any of the choices available (all too cheesy/cutesy)... Unchained Melody is OK, though...
Phil Collinson

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Wedding songs Reply with quote

How about a song by that Collins Bloat, he written hundreds of tht type of music, Phil (no relation)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> Top ten Wedding Songs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: