Return to Main Archive Island Website Archive Island - an upcoming television series :: View topic - What songs are playing on the bells?
Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index Archive Island - an upcoming television series
Looking at the 20th century thru the eyes of the future!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What songs are playing on the bells?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Bells of History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah B.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: What songs are playing on the bells? Reply with quote

I listened to 'the bells of history' and qujite enjoyed it. I am wondering if anyone knows what songs are playing on the bells? Obviously, the first one is Auld Lang Syne (when Safra gets her brilliant inspirtation.) - but what are the two songs starting acts 2 and 3? They are so familiar, I totally know them, but can't put my finger on it. It's different when you hear a song played on bells - i jjust cant name them.

Anybody?

Sarah B - Detroit
Jamie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: They do sound very familiar! Reply with quote

The first one (when the student meets her professor) sounds like a Christmas song - I can't place it, though. The other one (before her class presentation) - I think it''s some 17th century peice or something? - some one of the big composers (Mozart or something?).

Sorry, not sure!
John

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: It's driving me crazy! Reply with quote

I listened a few times. Crap! I know the second song, but I can't place it. -- playing it on bells messes me up. I know the melody, not used to hearing it with bells - I don't think it's an ancient piece, it actually sounds like somebody from the last few years - an american group, I think? Maybe british?> crap, now I have an ear worm!
Linda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: heard it on the radio Reply with quote

I also recognize the second song. it's not mozart - i've heard it on the radio sometime in the last few months - definately a pop song. sorry i can't place it either.
GlobGlow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Bell melody Reply with quote

I'm quite sure its a pop song, how about 'Dev' or the 'Cars'?
Sledgrrl 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Bells nt a Devo song! Reply with quote

The Bell Melody is definitely not 'Devo', it could be the cars or maybe something more recent, howabout David Foster the music producer?
Safra Marling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: the bells of history radio play - song playing on bells Reply with quote

I think it's from a musical - you know, one of those old 40's or 50's movies? It definately sounds familiar (the second song played on the bells).

cool audio drama, though. I love the name of your lead character. I've never heard that name before.
Leanne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: nope - not a musical Reply with quote

No, I'm a big musical buff. This is not from a musical. It's definately a song from the last 5 years, I'm positive. It's not sixties, seventies, eighties, or nineties. It would be since the turn of the mellenium. I don't think it's British, pretty sure it's an american group - also cannot place it.

Very interesting, though. neat idea to ring bells,good luch with that.
Linda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: just heard the song on the radio Reply with quote

I don't know the song, but I just heard it on the radio the other day. I don't know the group. Weird lyrics. I'd hum a few bars, but this is a bulletin board. I don't really know the lyrics anyway - it's a great song, though - good choice to play it on the bells.
dudevitch (dude-uh-vitch)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: dinner bells? Reply with quote

i also don't recognize the song, but i go to lots of dinner theatre - you know musicalsmainly. this sounds familiar - it might be from a stage play - i'm also talking about the second song -i agree the firstsong sounds like a xmas song - i don't know my traditionals very well - it's an older xmas song (likely 15-1700's) something like that.

the dude - otherwise known as dudevich!
Todd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: I know the song! Reply with quote

I don't know the name, but I think it's (second song) is a 'Five For Fighting' song --> don't know the name, but this song was very very popular in New York city after 911. (was there shortly afterwards - about 6 3 months) Interesting choice.

very interesting concept! --> i think this ha=s a very good chance of catching on --> big time! very very original, very unique, good luck with it all - --> bells, very clever idea for an audio drama -

ipods have given radio plays a new birth! -->you should maeke thes audio dramas available to download --> people could put then on their ipods

cheers,

Todd (South Africa).
Gorguire

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Bell Song Reply with quote

I think I know thw answer to the song in the Drama 'Bells of History' I think it's 'Superman' by 5 for Fightning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Archive Island - an upcoming television series Forum Index -> The Bells of History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: